CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Update from Davao, Phillipines

I have of course been very busy since I have arrived. Less than 12 hours after I was picked up at the airport I was speaking to a group of people on marriage. Today, I have already spoken two times and I am getting ready to speak again. This morning I spoke to the camp kids and several of them got saved including a woman that was against the church coming into the school to teach the children and have the feeding program. But this morning she was in attendance, and even though I was speaking mostly to the children she came forward to trust Christ. I just finished preaching to the "bridge people" These people have been displaced from the mountain region and have nothing. They have built a shanty town out of the items the poor people threw away. They eat the garbage out of the poormans trash can, and yet I, a rich American was received with open arms and I had a great time with the children. It was everything I could do to walk away without taking those beautiful children home with me. Some of them were saved as well.

Tonight I am getting ready to leave here and preach to some of the government people. I will be speaking to the city government leaders later on this week.

Next week I will be teaching 5 hours a day. Thank God the next week we will take a vacation and I will only be speaking 3 times a day on marriage and the family.

I am somewhat rested, but tomorrow will be another busy day. Pray for the success of the meeting, I am invited back again next year to help train 500 preachers.

Who would have ever believed that a high school flunky and Bible college would be "Professor Dr. Steve Goens" God does have a sense of humor!!!!!!!!

0 comments: