CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Devotionals

Monday -Oct 27, 2008
Acts 1:15-26
Take a moment with me this morning and look at verse 24. "They prayed and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men. . . " It is true. Our Lord knows the hearts of all men. When I think of a passage I think of the little girl that wants to help her mommy in the kitchen and ends up knocking the batter on the floor. Is that little girl punished? Not if her mother has any brains at all. The little girl didn't do it on purpose, her heart was right even though her actions brought about a catastrophe. Sometimes, we as Christians do wrong things. But God knows our hearts. He understands our failures, but God will always look on our heart. Sometimes, we as Christians do right things, with a bad attitude and for the wrong reasons. God also then looks on the heart and knows our hearts. We can fool people, but we cannot fool our God, He knows our heart.

Tuesday - OCT 28, 2008
Matthew 10:1-15
We are living in tough times, I think that nearly everyone will agree with that. Someone, a rather naive someone, said to me the other day, I cannot imagine things getting any worse. I thought to my self, that this person was clueless. I have been to the Philippines. I have friends who have described to me in detail the life in India, Mexico, Mongolia, Romania, etc. Things can get worse and, even though I am a great optimist, I declare unto you that things will get worse. In Matthew 10, and verse 14 it talks about the ones that would reject the apostles and the message they delivered. The same holds true to those who reject the Words of God today. The times are tough, but there is hope. Hope in the Word of God and his promises for those who love Him. One could say, it is the only hope.

0 comments: