CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Devotionals Nov. 10th-15th

Monday, Nov 10, 2008 -
Acts 1:15-26
In verse 16 of the Scripture today the Bible says "Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus." Wow, what an indictment! The man that let the mob to Jesus. As I read that I thought to myself how often times people will go out of their way to do the wrong thing, when doing the right thing is so much easier, and so much more rewarding. I would hope that one day my Lord would say of me, "he led many to the cross. How about you? Wouldn't you rather be known in that light than to be known a Judas was known?
Tuesday, Nov 11, 2008 -
Matthew 10:1-15
These verses tell us that there were special men, to do a special work, for a special time and a special purpose. The lives and the ministry of the Apostles is a great Bible Study and one that we may one day look at further. Today however, I want to point out to you that I think that God has special people, to do a special work, for a special time and a special purpose and that time is now. We live in very difficult times , I think that is very clear. Prophecy is being fulfilled on a daily basis and reading the newspaper headlines is nearly like reading the Scriptures. Thank God the Apostles did what God wanted them to do. Thank God they got us started off right. Now it is time for us to bring it home. Now, in these last days, God needs us to be more faithful than at any time to stand true to the Word of God and to win the lost, before time is no more.
Wednesday, Nov 12, 2008 -
Matthew 10:16-25
"I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; . . ." How is that for the last encouraging words before one begins a journey of a lifetime. It sounds as if our Lord is sending his chosen ones into a battle that they cannot possible win. So many times in our life we feel the same way. That God has placed more on us, than we can accomplish and that makes our success doubtful. But just as the Lord gave the Apostles the power to succeed in their duties and to overcome those that wished to destroy them so does our Lord give us His power to do the same today. We must, as they, be wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Thursday, Nov 13, 2008 -
Matthew 10:32-39
"And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me." I really don't know if I have any idea what this verse means. I can explain it intellectually. But do I really understand the very essence of the verse? I know very few people who understand this concept from a experiential position, but I do understand enough that most of what we, as modern day Americans call a cross is probably more of an inconvenience, and followeth after me, means from a far distance. What could we do if we were to stop complaining and begin to truly follow after our Lord? How much stronger would we be, if we carried the Cross instead of trying to shift it to others? How much more would we hear from God, if we would get close enough to actually hear His Word?
Friday, November 14, 2008 -
1 Timothy 4:6-16
"If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things ..."One of my favorite songs states "Roll back the curtain of memory now and then, show me where you brought me from and where I could have been. " There is rarely a day that passes that I do not think of what God has done for me. Now by no measure have I attained, but I have come a very long way. I have a long way to go, but the journey with my Lord is sweeter than any other journey that I have taken. I don't know how others keep their walk with Christ meaningful and magical, but I know how I do. I just remember all that he has done for me. That is enough! "Keep in remembrance of these things."
Saturday, Nov 15, 2008 -
Acts 13:1-12
What is done at the end of the day in your day to day living?What will be done at the end of your life? Will you be wealthy, or maybe a captain of industry? Maybe you will sit on many boards, be looked upon by millions? Maybe you will be President of the United States. Stranger things have happened. But all those things are temporal. There is only one thing that is eternal that we have any control. Notice what the Scripture states, "Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord." That is what matters. Are others astonished at the doctrine of the Lord, when they see what God has done in your life?

0 comments: