CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

An invitation for Nov. 23rd

Dear Friend,
I want to begin this letter by thanking you for thirty great years. Back in December of 1978, a 28 year old preacher and his young beautiful wife and two children came to the Baptist Temple to begin a ministry that has now lasted 30 years. When I came here I told you to be careful how you voted. My wife and I had moved eight times in nine years of marriage and I was not planning on moving again for a long time. One of the questions asked of me was, “Preacher, are you going to stay a little while and then leave like all the others?” My answer “I will stay at least 20 years.” It has been thirty!
So, with Thanksgiving to you and to our Lord, I want you to help me celebrate our 30 years together. On November 23, 2008 we will have our annual Thanksgiving dinner together as a church family immediately following the Sunday Morning service. We will have all the fixin’s and the meal will be outstanding. Our services that morning will begin at 10:00 A.M. The choir will be singing some of my favorite hymns and our soloist will be singing my favorite songs, and one of my favorite young people will be with us as well, 16 year old soloist Brianne Chrenko. Brianne has been here at the Baptist Temple several times, and is an outstanding young lady in every meaning of the word and will minister to us in song.
Of course there will be preaching from the Word of God as I am going to preach from Genesis to Revelation, everything that I have ever preached in one message (We should be finished before you have to go to work Monday morning).
Oh, and we must not forget that there will be a “Roast”! Some of the folks requested a time to say something about me. All in all, we should have a great day, and it is my prayer that you will be with us and we have a day that we “In Everything Give Thanks”.

Because He Lives,
Pastor Steve Goens
Jeremiah 33:3

0 comments: