CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Blood Clot Goens....

Well, it has finally happened. After 59 years on this earth I am now spending the longest stay of my life . . . in the hospital. I have, of course, been to the Drs. office. But never have I been overnight in the hospital except with the church members and friends that have been far less fortunate than my self. I developed a blood clot in my leg and now have been hospitalized since Thursday morning.
Never having been hospitalized and never having developed a blood clot I am rather naive with the whole treatment thing. So when the Dr. told me what was going to be done, I agreed with it and was set for the treatment, or so I thought.
Now for those that do not know I have a daughter that is nurse at Duke University, (I only mention the name of the Hospital to irate my Kentucky friends), but she thinks that she is a Doctor, and that the Duke way is the only way. When told of the treatment that I was to receive she began with her dogged determination to make sure that the treatment went beyond what was prescribed and that it would include more. Now I would like to explain all of the procedure to you, but I don't understand it my self, but let us just say that my Doctor had a difficult time to find someone that could do it the "Duke Way"
The surgery, that sounds more important than procedure, will take place on Tuesday in an Indianapolis area hospital. I do not mention the hospital because I do not wish all of my fans to show up and cause a big scene. I feel confident that the surgery will go well and in no time I will be back on schedule. As I was laying in bed thinking of the love that my daughter has for her daddy and how insistent she was that things were to be done the "right way" to lessen any further complications I began to think of the preaching of the Gospel of Christ.
There is a standard procedure, one that everyone is satisfied with " It doesn't matter where you go to church, as long as you go." That is standard procedure. It will make you feel good and you may even live a better life. But there is a better way. The blood of Jesus Christ, His Son, cleanses us from all sin. It does make a difference what you believe and where you go to church! Many roads may lead to Rome, but not every road leads to the Heavenly City.
When it seemed doubtful that we would find a surgeon to do the surgery, a Doctor at Duke told Julie, "Tell your dad that we will send the helicopter after him and I will do the surgery." Julie said "That would be very costly", to which the Doctor replied, "Don't worry about it."
Would it not be great if we were as concerned about the lost that we would not count the cost, but just get the job done? Judgmental? I don't think so, I think it is love! There is a way that seems right unto a man, but God's way is the only way.
GoensMyWay,
Because He Lives

0 comments: