CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Final Day

Today is my final day in the Philippines. I am heading home in just a little while and it has been a full two weeks. I am sitting in the office of my Filipino secretary as I say goodbye. We have preached nearly 40 times and had some great success. God certainly has been good.

We spoke to some city workers last night and seven of them came to know Christ. We had dinner at a very nice Chinese restaurant and headed back to the camp grounds.

We have some great plans for the Bible College here and the plans for a radio station. We may be able to be on the air 24 hours a day preaching the gospel to millions. We have started the inquiry into all of the legal aspects of the station. I have suggested that the call letters be DSCG. The stations here begin their call letters in D. I explained to all that was gathered that it would stand for Dr. Stephen Carl Goens- DSCG. The vote was one hundred percent. One thing I found out about the Filipino people is that they vote by laughing. It’s different here but as long as we get the job done that is all that matters.

We are going to start producing books and tapes to send to the mountain preachers for their Bible college training. By the time we return in March of 2009 we will be teaching many more than we are now.

I am looking forward to heading home in just a few hours. I am in hopes of a meeting in Manila here in a few hours that will open more doors to do some things that have been life long dreams of mine. Pray for the success of that meeting.

Pray for the Baptist Beacon Missionary Ministries as we help train pastors around the world. We have been invited to India. We will not be able to make the first date (June 08) but hopefully later on. Pray for our ministries. I am behind in this great race, and I have rounded the fourth corner. I am headed for the finish line and I must finish fast to win the race that God has given me to run.

Goens My Way - Philippines 2008

0 comments: