CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Update 5-7-08

I have some good news. The power has not gone out for a couple of days now. The water is not working but at least we can see how dirty the American is.
The children here are incredible. It really funny watching them as they try to relate to Lolo White. (Grandfather White) Now some of them are calling me Lolo Pop. Pop, here in the Philippines is the same as in America. I tell them I am called pop because I am sweet and refreshing.

Yesterday I found myself surrounded by children, and the more I played with them the more they laughed. One little girl was laughing so hard that I thought she was going to pass out. Their eyes sparkle and their smiles are so beautiful. The children love to feel my muscles. They will touch my arms or my back and say Muscles!!!! One little boy, one I don't really like, touched my belly and said "No Muscle" and all the children really thought it was funny. Now you understand why I don't like him.

I cannot speak the language of the little children from the mountains, and of course they cannot speak mine, but there is a bond that is incredible. They love me because I am big, strong and gentle. They love to touch my skin. One little girl sat for more than an hour next to me and held my arm. Then she moved to my other side and looked at me for the longest time. When I looked at her and smile and said "Hi sweetheart, she ran off and would not come near me again for a long time. I seem to have that trouble everywhere I go. A pretty girl looks and me and I say "Hi sweetheart” and they all run away. I guess that is the curse of being me.

I told people last night that I was missing my family but thanked them for being so kind and sharing their family with me... I told them that the little children helped me while I was missing my grandchildren. I told all of the young ladies that they helped me while I was missing my daughters. I told the men that they really didn't help me as I was missing my son. I told them he was 6'4' and they just can't believe that anyone human could be that tall. So I told them that it would take two Filipino's to take the place of my son. And then I told them that I was missing my wife but there were three ladies that had made me almost forget my wife. Three ladies, who together are missing a full set of teeth, began to laugh and giggle as every one looked at them and went aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!

I had breakfast at another hut this morning. There are some questions that I have, but I am really afraid to ask. . . .If you know what I mean.

More later on Goens My Way - Philippines 2008

0 comments: