CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Devotional 1/6/09

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 -
Psalm 23:1-6
I have always wondered why some parts of the Word of God are so much more popular, or familiar, to the general population. Every one knows the 23rd Psalm. It is read or referred to at almost every funeral that I have ever attended. I do not know why it is so popular but we must never allow familiarity to rob us of blessings.
“The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want. "
What a verse. So many people go through their life always having the wants. They want another car, another home, another this and another that. But with our Lord, well, he takes care of the wants.
There was a time that I had a ‘want’ for salvation - There He was, my Saviour.
There was a time that I had a ‘want’ for peace - There He was, my prince of peace.
I have had a ‘want’ for counsel - He is the counselor.
I have had a ‘want for love - He is the love of God.
Bring all your wants to Him and you will find that “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want!”

0 comments: