CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Thought for the New Year

As we begin a brand new year I am sitting here at my desk wondering how much of this year will be wasted. One shows up at a construction site and there is always a pile of lumber here and some dry wall there. Nails are laying all over the place and small piles of concrete scattered around. I am sure that the cost of these things that are wasted are just considered, well, just considered the cost of doing business. No building or project is designed to such precision that every nail, every board and every yard of concrete is used. In America we are accustomed to waste and a throw away society.
We do the same thing with time. I will stand in a department store and some one will say to me “May I help you?” I will answer, “No thank you, I am just killing time waiting on my wife.” Some one will call and ask, “What are you doing?” and I will reply, “Oh, nothing?” We all use those phrases and have those thoughts, but are we so successful, so fulfilled, so rich that we can kill time? Or that we can spend long periods of time doing nothing?
We waste minutes, days, months and even years, killing time or doing nothing! And when that time is gone, it is gone forever.
Well, this year I am going to be more productive. I have loaded my schedule to the place that I will have no time to do nothing. I will be writing, reading, speaking, producing every available minute of every available day. No more wasted time for me. I will not kill any more time. Let me add one more thing before I go. Date night with my wife is not doing nothing - it is doing something. Playing with my grand children is not killing time - it is producing memories. Spending time with my children is not non productive, it is the reward for being a father.

0 comments: