CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Filipino Graduation

Sunday and Monday I spent my time at graduation ceremonies in four different schools. Here in the Philippines the school system is very low quality and students do not learn a great deal. Bro. Claro and those he has trained believe in a Christian education and I must say, I was truly impressed with the children I met.
The graduation program, like everything the Filipinos do, takes forever. The ceremony at one school lasted longer that the school year itself. At each of the schools the children did an outstanding job with the program. Each child that had a speaking part stood, bowed, recited loudly and clearly. Believe me, it was a tough act to follow.
I am very grateful that these pastors invited me, and rearranged their schedules to fit into mine. I had a great time and was impressed by the dedication of very poor families to invest their money into a quality education for their children.
I was sure that one of the fathers, a father of 3, was going to bust the buttons on his shirt as his children received several rewards. The Filipino are very precious. One of them right now is standing on the back of a bench, telling the other children that LOLO White is busy.

0 comments: