CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Update from the Phillippines

Today I conducted my first wedding on Philippine soil. We drove to a place close to Muslim territory to perform these nuptials for this outstanding young couple, a second generation preacher and a daughter of a large family with many in the ministry.
My weddings in America last about as long minutes as the Philippine weddings last in hours I was not prepared for a two hour ceremony but that is just the Philippine way. The wedding started a 9:30 AM and that was quite a surprise for me. The wedding I will be performing next week begins at, are you ready for this my sleepy headed Americans, 5:30 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will be going up the day before and spending the night there, and as I understand it, I will have the privilege of living the Philippine lifestyle. The Bamboo floors, no water, etc. We will also be going through some Muslim Terrorist territory where I will be dressed as a , are you ready for this, a Muslim! Maybe they are kidding me but they tell me I must be covered. But they have also told me not to worry because the best of fighting forces in the Philippines will be there to protect me.
When I get back to the States I will certainly look at the American weddings in a different light. By the way, if you do not receive any e-mails after March 31, well, it has been nice knowing you.
Because He Lives,
Bro. Steve

0 comments: