CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

ON THE WAY TO THE PHILIPPINES

Dear Friends,
I want to thank you for all the response we have to our daily devotionals. It is a blessing to me that there are a few who really enjoy the insights that God gives me into the Scriptures. Not all agree with the insights but none the less, that has never stopped me from writing.
As some of you have noticed you have not received them the last couple of weeks and the reason is simple, there are only 24 hours in a day and I must get at least 4 hours of sleep a day or I just can't function.
I have been wrapping up the classes that I teach here in the States and then there is working ahead on all of the work at the church, and then there are the messages to be preached in the Philippines. This is my third trip there in the last 2 years.
I will be going to the southern part of the Philippines to a place called Davao City. After performing two weddings, and preaching(40 times last year) on prophecy, some graduation ceremonies, I will then head to Manila where I will preach from April 1 thru April 12. Then back home again to Indiana.
Please pray for me in the following ways if you would please.
Safety, on the island I will be, there are a lot of Communist and Muslims.
Success. We would love to see at least 100 people saved. Much of the time we will be teaching preachers. But there will be those times in churches and we pray for a great harvest of souls.
Pray for my health. I am not as young as I was last week. Pray for my diabetes, high blood pressure, teeth that needed work on that I just never got around to fixin', my back, ankle swelling, eyes, GOOD NIGHT, WHY AM I EVEN GOING, I AM A SICK TIRED OLD MAN!!!! As you pray for my health, Sharon has decided, in the case of my death, that she will only bring me home if they will strap me in a seat to use my ticket to return home. If there is an additional cost, she will just leave me in the Philippines and send God a change of address form just in case He forgets where I am at his second coming. HA!
Thank you to all that has contributed to my trip. I trust that I will be all that I can be as I represent you in the Philippines. The Filipinos are great people and I love to work with them. I will be posting my daily adventures on here and would enjoy if you would stop by and rejoice with me in the victories that I believe God is going to give.
Because He Lives,
Pastor Steve Goens

0 comments: