CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Flight to the Philippines

I am a few days behind because of computer problems at the camp that I stay at. I know that some of of couple of readers have been waiting for my reports.
The flight here was as good as could be expected. I had a decent seat, and I thank God for that. I asked all my friends that I would be able to get a first class upgrade. Well, I could see first class from where I was seated which proves what I have always thought. My friends prayers fall just a little bit short.
On the flight I met a lady from India. She ask me what I did for a living and I told her I was a Baptist Preacher. I thought that would end the conversation, but instead it just inspired one. She asked me why people suffer so very much. Her thought was that if you were bad in a previous life that you would have a back life in the next life. As a Hindu she believed in reincarnation, a past life, a life now and a life to come. I told her that Christians believed in the same thing, that we too believe in a past life, a present life and the life to come.
We believe in the reincarnate life of the Lord Jesus Christ. That He was the Lamb slain before the foundation of the World. That before we ever came into the world that God loved us so much that Christ was willing to die for us on the cross. Of course we believe in the life that we live now. And that in this life there are blessing and curses. Our trials only come to make us strong.
And of course the life in the future is a place where we call heaven. Not all are going there, only the ones that are saved. She leaned back on seat closed her eyes. I thought that she had had enough. As we were preparing to land in Hong Kong she leaned over and thanked me for being a kind and considerate seat mate and told me that I had given her a lot to think about, and asked me to pray for her. I told her I would.
Now, that is something you cannot get in first class!
Because He Lives,
GOENS MY WAY - Philippines 2009

0 comments: